what’s the significance of the number?
People ask about the significance of the number “33” in “Atlas 33”. The answer is really quite simple. If you count every vertebrae, including the cervical, thoracic, lumbar, as well as each segment of the sacrum and coccyx (tailbone), their total is 33. So this number suggests the comprehensiveness of a Structural Decompression™ treatment.
Thirty-three is also a significant number for many other reasons. And though these did not figure into the creation of the name “Atlas 33,” some of the associated meanings of the number 33 might be of interest, or at least amusement. Below is a brief list of the significance of this number from many sources. [NOTE: This “facts” list is not to be considered “authoritative”. It is presented here for interest and amusement only.]
- By some way of accounting, there are 33 pairs of nerve groups passing through the structure of the spine
- In Tibetan Buddhism the highest chakra, the Crown Chakra (Sahasrara), is represented by a flower with a white center and 33 downward-pointing petals.
- There are 33 turns in the complete sequence of human DNA.
- The Animal Kingdom is divided by biologists into 33 phyla.
- The lowest temperature in Fahrenheit at which water remains a liquid is 33 degrees. This also means that, if counting upwards, the first temperature at which water, the most essential substance for all life, begins to flow is 33F.
- A “Blue Moon” is when there are two full moons in the same month. This phenomenon occurs, on average, every 33 months.
- The Sun will rise at the exact same spot in the horizon every 33 years.
- The 33rd day of the year is February 2nd, A.K.A. “Groundhog Day.”
- Jesus lived on Earth for 33 years.
- In Numerology, 33 is a “Master Number” representing the highest spiritual achievement, sometimes called “Christ Consciousness”.
- King David ruled in Jerusalem for 33 years.
- In the English version of Genesis, “God” is mentioned 33 times.
- The Bible records 33 miracles performed by Jesus.
- The Sephiroth of the Kabbalah has 33 elements if you include the whole and all its constituent parts.