What Does Structural Decompression Treat?
…and who is it for?
Most anyone can benefit profoundly from Structural Decompression™; even young children have their Atlas or their hips out and can benefit from opening the channels that nourish the spine and brain. But the most common reason people seek out Structural Decompression™ is for relief from tension headaches, chronic neck and shoulder tension, hip pain and tightness, or pain/tightness anywhere along the spine.
More and more people are becoming aware of the importance of a properly positioned Atlas. In fact, many individuals come to the Atlas 33 Center because they already know that their Atlas is out and they have come to believe that Structural Decompression™ allows the Atlas to re-align itself with greater stability than any other modality. But the benefits are not limited to the Atlas vertebra. Structural Decompression™ is a comprehensive technique and frees up all the major soft tissue structures from head to tail (well, tailbone, that is) including a comprehensive release of the hips.
The Atlas vertebra itself is such a crucial neuro-intersection (actually THE most crucial neural intersection in the body) that a wide range of benefits have been reported from this correction alone. These include improved mental focus, relief from tremors, hormone re-balancing, relief from ADD/ADHD, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and digestive disorders. Usually, the conditions in the above list are not the main reason for seeking a Structural Decompression™ treatment; these disorders can have multiple causes. They are listed here only to illustrate that not all of the benefits can be predicted.
The more predictable benefits are seen in the bullets below.
- Back Pain or Stiffness
- Neck Pain or Stiffness
- Hip Pain and Malalignment
- Whiplash Injury (8 weeks or more after the injury)
- Tension Headaches
- Migraines (tension triggered)
- Dizziness/Vertigo (some causes of)
- Brain Fog
- Disc Disease (E.g., scoliosis, spinal stenosis, herniation)
- Restless Leg Syndrome
Structural Decompression™ can be expected to significantly help:
- Multiple Sclerosis — Atlas “adjustments” are recommended by the National MS Society.
- Anyone who is looking for help “rebooting”.
Because of the depth and thoroughness of the treatment, Structural Decompression™ helps bring you back to as close to a constitutional “square one” as you are likely to get with any other type of body work or energetic treatment. They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Structural Decompression™ removes the physical contractures in the soft tissue that are both the result of bad postural habits and the reason for their persistence. Because Structural Decompression™ removes the contractures that force us to maintain bad posture and movement, there is no better opportunity to correct ourselves than 21 days following a treatment.
Who should NOT be treated with Structural Decompression Technique™?
People with the following conditions should NOT receive a Structural Decompression™ treatment:
- Acute Whiplash (within 8 weeks)
- Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Severe osteoporosis ( with a T-Score of -2.8 or more)
- Patients suffering from an acute viral infection
- People who have recently undergone major spinal, cervical, or hip replacement surgery and are still in physical therapy. (Once physical therapy is completed, it is safe and even recommended to get a Structural Decompression™ treatment.)